The SEC says that a Ponzi scheme is an investment fraud that involves the payment of purported returns to existing investors from funds contributed by new investors. Ponzi scheme organizers often solicit new investors by promising to invest funds in opportunities claimed to generate high returns with little or no risk. In many Ponzi schemes, the fraudsters focus on attracting new money to make promised payment to earlier-stage investors to create the false appearance that investors are profiting from a legitimate business.
The term Ponzi Schemes was coined after Charles Ponzi , who duped thousand of New England residents into investing in a postage stamp speculation scheme back in the 1920s.
What we do
- ICFECI has years of experience in handling fraud and forensic investigations, excels in uncovering the truth behind such Ponzi Schemes and compiling irrefutable evidence that will stand in court.
- Our Certified Fraud Examiner, along with a team of investigators and our computer forensics wing, verifies credentials of people behind such schemes, investigates authenticity of contracts, recovers computer data and data from mobile devices. We then analyze and concatenate data into a report that is understood easily and is admissible as evidence.
- If need be, we provide testimony to support evidence. Our resources and competence are second to none and our involvement spells the difference between winning and losing a case.
What makes us Unique?
- The wealth of experience of Dan James with his specialization in computer forensics and fraud investigations, two divergent fields that converge into a powerful capability simply not found elsewhere.
- Our commitment, patience in investigation, expertise of our staff and meticulous attention to minor detail help us draw out relevant detail that may be hidden or obscured or obfuscated behind voluminous paper and digital data.
- We succeed in the face of challenges.
If a case were open and shut, we would never enter the picture. A challenge is what we take on each time and emerge successful simply because we have the depth of knowledge, equipment, people and experience.
If you are accused you need a competent and complete investigation conducted as a means to establish the truth, call us.